First District Representative Congressman REX Gatchalian turned over project grants totalling to PhP 40 Million for various infrastructure projects in his district during his traditional Musikabuhayan Game Show birthday celebration with member of the Tricycle Operators and Drivers Association (TODA), Pedicab Operators and Drivers Association (PODA) and market vendors associations last Thursday, January 17 at the Valenzuela City Astrodome.
Each of the projects were carefully decided and were chosen based its exigency. “These are viewed to be crucial to the enhancement of the respective community’s prospect for continued development in relation to the progress of the city as a whole,” explained the representative’s Chief-of-Staff, Mr. Uly Aguilar.
“Imprastruktura at mga pagawaing bayan ang karaniwang hiling sa aming opisina at alam ni Cong. REX talagang malaki ang ambag ng maayos na pasilidad sa lalo pang pag-usbong ng ekonomiya ng komunidad. (The people usually request for infrastructure projects and facilities repair and Cong. REX believes that projects such as these will definitely boost the communities economically,” he added.
Projects granted with funding sourced out from the representative’s Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) include repair and rehabilitation of roads, construction, improvement or completion of multipurpose halls, and construction of school facilities. The projects granted with funding are the following:
1. PhP 4 Million for the construction of a multi-purpose building at Bignay National High School.
2. PhP 4.5 Million for the construction of a multi-purpose building at Dalandanan Elementary School.
3. PhP 3 Million for the first phase of the construction of Palawan multi-purpose building at Barangay Veinte Reales.
4. PhP 2.5 Million for the second phase of the construction of barangay hall/multi-purpose building at Barangay Pariancillo Villa.
5. PhP 1.2 Million for the second phase of the construction of Libo multi-purpose building at Barangay Malanday.
6. PhP 3.5 Million for the construction of barangay hall/multi-purpose building at Barangay Canumay East.
7. PhP 2.8 Million for the second phase of the construction of barangay hall/multi-purpose building at Barangay Canumay West.
8. PhP 5 Million for the first phase of the construction of a multi-purpose building at Barangay Wawang Pulo.
9. PhP 5 Million for the first phase of the construction of a multi-purpose building at Barangay Coloong.
10. PhP 5 Million for the first phase of the construction of a multi-purpose building at Barangay Bisig.
11. PhP 3.4 Million for the first phase of the construction of a multi-purpose building at Barangay Bignay.
12. PhP 100,000 for the repair and rehabilitation of Siniguelas St. in Barangay Balangkas.
Respective Punong Barangays, together with their Councils, received the checks in behalf of their constituency.
Cong. REX’s celebration is traditionally viewed as an occasion of presenting projects and programs, and handling out prizes for Valenzuelanos as blessings such as these are pouring even more during this day.
The Musikabuhayan was also brought to the Our Lady of Lourdes College Gym in Barangay Gen. T. De Leon last Friday, January 18. It was an opportunity to celebrate his birthday with the constituents of the second district who also ask assistance from his office from time to time.
Big prizes were also raffled off during the game shows which include cash prizes, gift checks, and a brandnew tricycle and a multicab as the grand prizes for each district. Lucky winners were: Rodelio Alfonso of Barangay Balangkas and Ramil Cognito of Barangay Gen T. De Leon for the tricycle; and Simeon A. Endaya of Barangay Lingunan and Lorna L. Coboy of Barangay Gen T. De Leon for the multicab.
“Nagpapasalamat kami kay Cong. REX dahil naalala rin niya kami dito sa district 2 para magcelebrate ng birthday niya at mamigay ng papremyo na makatutulong sa aming kabuhayan. (We are thankful of Cong. REX for celebrating his birthday with us here at district 2 and for giving out prizes which could be of great help to enhance our livelihood and source of income.)” said Mrs. Coboy upon having the key to her new multicab.