As part of Valenzuela City’s 19th Charter Day Celebration, the city government once again recognized its partners for development during the Annual Top Taxpayers and Top Job Providers Night at the Valenzuela City People’s Park Amphitheater, February 14, 2017.
The top taxpayers which were identified by the Business Permit and Licensing Office (BPLO) were given a trophy called “Pagyabong,” which signifies their contribution in the growth of the city. The top job providers on the other hand received “Sandigan,” which denotes the companies’ active partnership with the city government for generating employment opportunities for Valenzuelanos.
The taxpayers where categorized based on their capitalization: a.) Large Scale Business Category are those companies which have a capital of above Php100 million; b.) Medium Scale Business Category are those with a capital of more than Php15 million up to Php100 million; c.) Small Scale Business Category are those companies with a capital of more than Php3 million up to Php15 million; and d.) Micro Scale Business Category are those with a capital of Php3 million or less.
According to the Public Employment Service Office (PESO), the local government has successfully assisted 23,879 job seekers for job placement in 2016. Records show that 13,969 applicants were directly hired by the companies within the city; 7,522 applicants were employed by the companies outside the city and 2,388 applicants were given job opportunities through manpower agencies.
The City Government also conferred recognition to companies which have the highest hired beneficiaries from the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES), a mandated program that aims to help poor but deserving students to pursue their education by providing income through encouraging their employment during summer and/or Christmas vacations.
A special citation was also given to the Human Resources Management Association of Valenzuela City, Inc (HUREMAVI), a city-based organization of human resources officers, for its active participation and coordination with PESO’s projects and programs.
During the awarding ceremonies, Mayor REX Gatchalian laid-out some of the city’s major projects such as the Disiplina Village Bignay, the full-tuition fee subsidies for enrolees of the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Valenzuela (PLV) and the Valenzuela City Polytechnic College (ValPoly), and the on-going construction of PLV’s new facilities and buildings. The chief executive later on expressed, “Sa ating mga taxpayers, sa ating mga job providers, these (pertaining to the city’s projects) are where your taxes go.”
The Top Tax Payers of Valenzuela City in 2016
Source: Business Permit and Licensing Office
Large Scale Category
1. Manila Electric Company
2. San Miguel Foods Inc.
3. SM Prime Holdings, Inc.
4. Maynilad Water Services, Inc.
5. Manila North Tollways Corporation
Medium Scale Category
1. Peerless Products Manufacturing Corp.
2. Unicorn Metal Corporation
3. Tiger Machinery & Industrial Corp.
4. Flexible Packaging Products Corp.
5. Maxima Steel Corporation
Small Scale Category
1. WE Enterprises & Contractors, Inc.
2. Suncrest Foods Incorporated
3. Fiberline Industries, Inc.
4. Bulacan Integrated Wood Industries Corp.
5. Industrial Welding Corp.
Micro Scale Category
1. Powertrac Incorporated
2. JC Electrofields Power System, Inc.
3. Innovative Packaging Industry Corp.
4. Contract Packaging Corp. of the Philippines
5. DLC Foods Inc.
The Top 10 Job Providers in Valenzuela City for 2016
Source: Public Employment Service Office
Direct Hire Companies within Valenzuela City
1. SM Prime Holdings Incorporated
2. CDO Foodsphere Inc.
3. 3C Distributors Int’l Inc. (Nikon Home Appliances)
4. Valenzuela Packaging Container Corp.
5. Pandayan Bookshop
6. Donutification Corp. (Dunkin Donuts)
7. Suncrest Foods Inc.
8. GFI Enterprisses Inc. (Growers)
9. Kitchen Beauty Marketing Corp. (KYOWA)
10. Multiplast Corporation
Direct Hire Companies outside Valenzuela
1. ARC Refreshments Corporation
2. London Industrial Products, Inc.
3. Republic Biscuit Corp. (REBISCO)
4. Multirich Foods Corporation
5. King Sue Ham & Sausage Co., Inc.
Top Manpower Agencies
1. Narcissus Employment Services Corp.
2. Mirof Resources, Incorporated
3. Elite Jinzai Marketing Services, Inc.
Top Job Providers for SPES Beneficiaries
1. McDonald’s Philippines
2. Fresh N’ Famous Foods, Inc. (Chowking)
3. Asian Stationery Corporation
4. Fujiweld Incorporated
5. Consolidated Paper Products Corp.